Monday, January 15, 2018

Dog Show at The Fair

Man if I had to name all the things I like about fair you would be listening to me for weeks. My brothers and I did really well at the fair this year. I had a lot of fun showing each animal. I showed horses, dogs, and goats. I also had some exhibits, I did sewing, photography, and gardening. I don't know which one I had the most fun with, I just loved them all.


Showing my dogs was a lot of fun! I did really well.  Although it wasn't my best year, I still had fun. In dog obedience with my older dog Lilly, I had to get her to go and fetch the dumbbell. The dumbbell is big, white and hard plastic and they don't really like it, especially a Great Pyrenees. For this year I had to make Lilly fetch it. Lilly and I practiced really hard and we eventually mastered it so I wasn't to nervous.



We practiced right before we went in the arena and she did it perfectly. So before we went in I felt pretty happy showing everyone how hard I have been working with my dog... and then all of a sudden, Lilly starts to throw up and it was gross. My heart started to beat really hard and I was thinking, "Oh Lord please help me and Lilly do good in the ring". Before all of this I took Lilly out to use the bathroom and she peed and pooped. So we got in the ring and Lilly was healing great. Then she started to veer away from me, I was thinking, "Lilly what are you doing".




Then she started to squat and she pooped. I was in shock, but I tried to stay cool so I smiled. Then I looked up at my mom in a very upset way. I felt like I was there forever with the crowd just staring at me. Finely it was over and Lilly got up and walked to me. I looked at her and I said "What is wrong with you girl?"
 




I had to pick up the poop. The judge was really nice. He told me, "You will never be a dog trainer if this has never happened to you at least 100 times". I just looked up at him and smiled.




The rest of it wasn't really good either, and I was wondering why, because Lilly would never do this. Next we went in the sit and down stay arena. I had to leave her in there for 3 minute at a sit stay and 5 minute at a down stay. I had her at a sit and left so she couldn't see me and I couldn't see her. I came back in and she was up and the helper was holding her. Then my dad came over and said that she had pooped again. At that time I knew something was wrong with her. I got her to go down and then I had to leave her again. I was just like okay I don't think she will get up on the down stay because she loves to stay down. The 5 minutes was up I look in the ring and my dog is not where I left her. She was with the helper. I was so upset. But I was so happy that it was over. We found out that Lilly was sick.






    
I wasn't going to show Lilly in showmanship, but she was feeling a lot better. So I got my showmanship clothes on and got Lilly all spiffed up. Then we lined up. The judge gave us the nod and we all trotted in. I was trying to look my best for the judge and trying not to show her what I went through a couple of hours earlier. It was hot and I was sweating bullets, I can only imagine what Lilly felt. It was over in about 20 minutes and then the call backs were coming in on the speakers. 

My number and name was announced for call backs which means the judge liked us and we had to go in the ring with the other favorites that she picked. I was so happy to here my name. I just repeated what I did in the first go round. When that was over we all came out. The showmanship level that I was in was called intermediate. One of the helpers came over to me  after the second round and said "Guess who won the intermediate showmanship?" 

I was so happy at this moment because I just realized that I won it and that I was going to senior showmanship against my brothers. I went in the ring for the third time. At this point Lilly was getting pretty tired and I knew that it showed. I got another call back and so did my older bother Zeke. And then I had to go back in the ring for the fourth and last time. Zeke beat me by a close call. But I won intermediate and got second in senior showmanship. So I was pretty happy. 






 Lilly and I doing showmanship














 Snyper is my Boxer Beagle mix. He is 2 years old. And he did great for me this year.
He did everything we worked on almost perfectly in the ring. The thing with Snyper is he can be a bit of a scatter brain sometimes. It's like he knows what he is supposed to do but he gets distracted. The only real mess up we did was when we where healing and the judge said "halt" he forgot to sit for about two crucial seconds then he looked up at me and sat. His look was like, "Don't worry I didn't forget." We got second out of a bunch of other dogs. I was so proud of him, and still am.
      
I had a pretty good start in my fair week.




Snyper and I






















































No comments:

Post a Comment